Get the latest files - including fileserver software so you can share files from your PC to the Spectrum - from the downloads section:
- Downloads - PC software, ROM images, utilities etc.
The Spectranet has reached "general availability"! They are sold via RWAP Software (who also sells other useful items like replacement keyboard membranes). The Spectranet is also available from the RWAP Software stand at retro events.
WebSVN has been set up so that the Spectranet repository can be browsed and downloaded easily: see http://spectrum.alioth.net/svn .
Latest Spectranet firmware: R569 (released 4th November 2013)
TNFS server updated: Get it from the Downloads section (released 28th May 2013)
New! ZX SPI - an SPI interface written in Verilog for the ZX Breakout.
See the news blog for more.
- Spectramin - Spectrum 128K AY theremin
- ZX Breakout - Provides ZX bus signals on a header, and a CPLD for logic functions. Also allows 3.3v devices to be used with the Spectrum.
- ZX SPI - An SPI interface for the ZX Breakout allowing the Spectrum to become an SPI master.
- SpectraDVI - A digital video ULA+ add-on for the Spectrum?
- Spectranet - The Spectrum ethernet card - make your Spectrum talk to the world.
- Guide (English) Guía Español Gebrauchsanweisung Deutsch - Quick guide for new users.
- FUSE users - setting up the Spectranet Setting up the Spectranet on the development version of the Fuse emulator.
- Downloads - ROM images, utilities etc.
- Hardware - A reference for the details of the hardware used for the Spectranet board.
- Software development - A reference for writing software that uses the Spectranet.
- WebSVN - Browse the Spectranet source code.
- Diagnostics - A simple diagnostics card - assists in fixing broken machines.
The software tools used for all of these projects are:
- gschem: http://www.geda.seul.org/tools/gschem/ - gEDA Schematic Capture.
- PCB: http://pcb.sourceforge.net/ - PCB editor.
- Xilinx WebKit ISE - for configuring the CPLD. http://www.xilinx.com
Gerber files and PostScript files will also be available, so if you don't want to edit the PCB layouts or schematics, you can produce the phototools/toner transfer sheets without needing them. You will need at least the Impact part of ISE to program a CPLD. Programming hardware can be as simple as a parallel cable since Xilinx CPLDs are programmed via JTAG rather than some byzantine high voltage programming method.